Saturday, October 2, 2010

Slowly we slide into spring, a season with new ways to whip and new sorrows in bloom.  We have a lot to talk about on Monday, including Pauline and Cholly's pasts (and his "dangerous freedom"), the rape, the rage of Soaphead and more...  Come prepared to share your thoughts as we head toward the novel's end.

A few quick reminders in the meantime.  A few of you still haven't sent me your paper topics.  Get them to me asap, so I can return them Monday with my comments.  Don't forget DST rewrites are due Thursday -- thanks to those who've already come to see me in dialogue.  (I still have places left this week!)

Please also take time this week to re-consider the AP question.  Remember it will HELP you by looking strong on your transcripts and will be included even for those of you doing Early Decision.  Once you commit, though, you must actually take the exam -- and a few sessions to prepare in March -- so make sure you're sure and then let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment